Terms and conditions
All photographs in this website are protected by copyright.
INTRODUCTION: conditions according to which the client will be entitled to use the images available on the on-line archive are limited by this agreement and are defined before use.
The photos and /or texts presented on this site are not free of rights and they are protected by copyright.
Agreement between Archivio Alfa Castaldi and THE CLIENT for the purchase of photographs reproduction rights from the Archivio Alfa Castaldi on-line database.
Each photo or reportage and or text is subject to protection under intellectual property legislation.
Due to the nature of the images contained in the Archivio Alfa Castaldi On-line database, some of them may be subjected to restrictions, especially those depicting people either famous or unknown, in public as well as in private situations, living or dead. These restrictions will be clearly indicated and should be followed strictly.
Archivio Alfa Castaldi expressly prohibits the use of photos from the on-line database for non-editorial use, requiring for any usage other than editorial a previous written authorization from Archivio Alfa Castaldi.
1. All photographs from Archivio Alfa Castaldi On-line database are protected by copyright. The heirs of Alfa Castaldi hold property of copyright and Archivio Alfa Castaldi/Blue Box Sas holds exclusive right to sell reproduction rights of these photographs.
2. The above pictures (as defined in point 1) can be delivered to THE CLIENT in the following ways:
- through the direct connection between THE CLIENT and the on-line archive made possible by the use of a password.
- via e-mail
- via direct connection or FTP
- through CD-ROM
EVERY SINGLE IMAGE CAN BE USED ONLY ONCE FOR ONE PUBLICATION, IN ONE LANGUAGE AND ONE USER WHATEVER THE MEDIUM.
THE CLIENT IS NOT ALLOWED TO INSERT IMAGES IN ANY INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL COMPUTER NETWORK, OR, ONCE PRINTED, TO DISTRIBUTE OR USE AN IMAGE WITHOUT PREVIOUS AUTHORISATION BY ARCHIVIO ALFA CASTALDI.
3. When selling rights, Archivio Alfa Castaldi gives only non-exclusive reproduction rights, which belongs to the photographer and his heirs. Archivio Alfa Castaldi does not handle the rights to the people, subjects, or trademarks shown in the pictures.
It will be care and client's responsibility to obtain release by the photographed people, subjects and trademark.
4. Pictures can be sent in low (to a maximum of 1MB) or high resolution (to a maximum of 40 MB).
a) In the first case (low resolution), pictures can only be used for internal use and to create layouts. Any other use is prohibited.
When the low-resolution pictures have no further use, THE CLIENT agrees to destroy the digital image.
If THE CLIENT should decide to use the images requested for layout, economic conditions which vary according to the characteristics of use should be defined before use: newspaper, magazine, circulation, duration of rights,
countries of distribution of product, site, size of image...
b) only high-resolution images can be used and only once and in one product.
IN ANY CASE THE CLIENT UNDERTAKES TO DESTROY ALL IMAGES OBTAINED IN HIGH AS WELL AS IN LOW RESOLUTION (OR COPIES EVENTUALLY PRODUCED DURING PRE-PRODUCTION), WITHIN 90 DAYS FROM THE DATE IN WHICH THE PICTURE/S WERE RECEIVED FROM ARCHIVIO ALFA CASTALDI.
5. INVOICING: invoices will be issued by Blue Box Sas on the last day of the month the image was ordered to Archivio Alfa Castaldi. Deliveries are ment as final sales, regardless of the actual use of the image.
Pricing for picture varies according to use. Payment will be made at reception of invoice.
6. THE CLIENT undertakes to use the picture/s in total respect of the context in which the pictures were taken and according to captions.
Archivio Alfa Castaldi is not responsible for eventual moral or economic consequences that come from improper use of pictures, in particular for defamation uses or uses that violate the privacy rights of the people photographed.
THE CLIENT will release Archivio Alfa Castaldi from all moral or economic consequences derived from above specified improper uses.
7. The client undertakes to send copy or tear sheets of the products or publications in which images from the Archivio Alfa Castaldi were used.
8. No image in the Archivio Alfa Castaldi On-line Database is model-released, except the ones clearly identified. It will be care and responsibility of the client to obtain release from the people, the subjects, and the brands photographed or from the people who own the rights in relation to the photographed objects or people.
If the client should need to use the picture for commercial usage, he will need to receive a written authorization from Archivio Alfa Castaldi after providing written documentation attesting having obtained release by the photographed people, subjects or trademarks.
9. The client undertakes to mention the complete credit line (Alfa Castaldi /alfacastaldi.com) next to each published picture.
Omission of credit line will authorize Archivio Alfa Castaldi to bill 100% additional fee to the agreed cost of single picture.
10. It is clear that Archivio Alfa Castaldi pictures cannot be altered, cropped or manipulated in any way. Archivio Alfa Castaldi will not be responsible for any moral or economic consequences deriving from any unauthorized intervention on the photographs.
11. Any controversy will be handled in accordance with the laws of Italy and parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Italian Courts.
To contact the archives please send an email to